Below are the typical hurdles to getting the project done:
# Lack of accountability
# Lack of stakeholders’ commitment
# The limited engagement of stakeholders
# Issues related to budgeting
# Issues related to risk management
# Unreasonable deadlines
# Scope creep
# Communication issues
# Lack of clear success criteria and goal
From the above, choose and explain any THREE hurdles and support your answer with suitable examples?
Choose and explain any THREE hurdles (1.5 Marks)
Give an example for each explained hurdle (1.5 Marks)
المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية اإللكترونية
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Project Management (MGT323)
Deadline: 30/04/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Project Management
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year:2021-22, II Term
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Dr Farhat Anjum
Marks Obtained/Out of 10
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only)
via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks
may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your
information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from
students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO
marks. No exceptions. Atleast two Scholarly Peer- Reviewed Journals are
required as references.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, doublespaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
• Do not make any changes in the cover page.
• This Assignment comprise of a Case Study and Discussion questions.
• Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-3 students will able to understand the
1. Defining the concepts, theories and approaches of project management. (L.O-1.1)
2. Analyze to work effectively and efficiently as a team member for project related
3. Evaluate to monitor and control the project. (L.O-3.2)
Assignment-3: Case Study & Discussion questions
Please read the Case-8.3 “Tham Luang Cave Rescue.” from Chapter 8
“Scheduling Resources and Costs” given in your textbook – Project
Management: The Managerial Process 8th edition by Larson and Gray page
no: 304-307 also refer to specific concepts you have learned from the
chapter to support your answers. Answer the following questions for Part-1,
Part-1: Case study questions
1. How did the physical environment of the cave affect the
rescue plan? Explain in 250 words (3 Marks).
2. How did the rescue team respond to the risks of the project?
Explain in 250 words (3 Marks).
3. Some have called the rescue a miracle and that luck was the
decisive factor. Do you agree? Explain in 150 words (2
Part-2: Discussion questions
Please read Chapter 8 Pg-No. 279 & 281 carefully and then give
your answers on the basis of your understanding.
4. Why would people resist a multi project resource scheduling
system? (1 Mark) (100 words)
5. What do you think would have happened if the Washington
Forest Service did not assess the impact of resources on their
two-year plan? (1 Mark) (100 words).
Purchase answer to see full