Academic Report Guideline(Co-op)
The report should be submitted within two weeks after you finish your Co-op training Program.
In addition, the report should be approximately 3000 – 4000, single –spaced and consider taking the
General instructions for writing the final report:
The report must be written in English language.
The word limit is 3000-4000.
If the report word count is not within the required word limit, marks will be deducted.
The font size is 12, Times New Roman, justified, 1.5 space.
Main headings use font size of 16 and bold.
Add page numbers in the middle bottom of the page.
Plagiarism or copying from other sources will result in ZERO marks.
This report must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via the allocated folder.
Your work should be clearly and completely presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation.
This includes filling your information on the cover page.
Assignment will be evaluated through BB Safe Assign tool. Late submission will result in ZERO
marks being awarded.
A Brief Executive Summary of the Internship
A one-page summary of the company/institution and a short account of the major activities carried out
during the internship period.
To allow the student to express her/his thankful and gratitude to individuals (such as: field instructor,
academic supervisor, colleagues…etc.) who help them in carrying out and completing her/his training
journey. This part will aid the students to learn basic elements of academic writing. To express their
appreciation in a concise and professional manner.
Table of Contents
Contents of the report with page numbers, list of tables, and list of figures.
A brief of the report. The Aim of the report.
Chapter 1: Description of the company
This section should answer the following questions:
What is the full title of the company/institution?
Give a brief history of the company, full mailing address and relevant weblinks
What is the type of ownership of the company/institution?
State the main shareholders and their shares.
What is the sector that the company/institution operates in?
Specify the products and services produced and offered to its customers/clients.
Who are regarded as the customers/clients of your internship company (consider the end users,
retailers, other manufacturers, employees,etc.)?
Provide an organization chart of the company, along with information on the number of employees.
Provide a list of functions performed by different departments/divisions in the internship organization.
Provide an overview off the production system or service procedure (what are the resources, inputs,
Provide a process chart of a major product and/or service.
The following questions can be classified as your major fit (Finance, Accounting, Ecommerce and
• What kind accounting/finance/IT//quality/marketing standards and principles are used in the
• Discuss telecommunication technologies (Database, Instant Messenger, Networking, Ecommerce
tools) used in the company.
• Describe the quality planning and control activities in the internship organization.
• Describe the quality control activities throughout the life cycle of the product/service groups
• What kind of financial analysis and decision-making methods are used by corporate treasurers and
financial managers in the internship organization?
• What types of marketing, selling, and human resources analysis are performed (cost system,
evaluation of consumers, needs, product strategy, distribution strategy, promotional strategy)?
Chapter 2: Internship activities
This is the main body of your report. During the internship period, the focus of the training may on
the following types of analysis and questions. You do not have to answer all the questions in the list: •
Describe your working conditions and functions, such as: Who is your supervisor (include his/her
name and his/her position); other team members or co-workers and what their functions are to
• Provide a detailed description about the department(s) that the trainee did her/his training with them.
Adding all sub-divisions for this department(s) if it is available. Student can add to this description a
• Detailed descriptions about all tasks and activities that the trainee did them during her/his training
• Gained skills and how they added value to your work
• Other tasks that are not related to the trainee’s major that done by her/him at the company should be
included in this chapter as well.
• What types of incentives did you get as a trainee to be more proactive and productive?
• Describe what kind of working documents and analysis you did there and what experiences you
have gained throughout yourtraining. Provide examples of your work.
• A comparison between theory (things you have learned in the classroom) and practice (things you
did or observed at the company) must be made and highlighted. In this section the student can add a
supported table includes which academic course (s) (course title and code) helped to perform training
tasks. For example, two columns; the first one shows the course name and second column shows the
tasks performed and related to this course.
• Show some work samples that you have encountered/conducted at the company through graphs,
pictures, data, drawings, or design calculations and include them in your report.
• Lessons learnt (what the overall benefits gained from the training program)
Chapter 3: Recommendations
• Advantageous that helped the student in completing the training program.
• Disadvantageous and challenges that faced the student and how he/she did overcome them.
• Recommendations to improve training program in the college.
• Recommendation for the training company. Conclusion Sum up and summary of the training
experience. Reference If it is needed Appendix (option) This will help the instructor to have a
background about the trainee and his/her previous experiences. Also, it helps the students in writing
their CVs for future job application especially for fresh graduates who do not have previous practical
• Basic information (name, city, contact details…etc.).
• Job objectives.
• Academic qualifications.
• Practical experiences.
• Skills this will help the instructor to have a background about the trainee and his/her previous
Purchase answer to see full