المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية اإللكترونية
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Strategic Management (MGT 401)
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated
Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced
for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
Late submission will NOT be accepted.
Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other
resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No
pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Assignment 2: A case study
Describe the different issues related to environmental scanning, strategy formulation, and strategy
implementation in diversified organizations- CLO2
Explain the contribution of functional, business, and corporate strategies in the competitive
advantage of the organization-CLO3.
Distinguish between different types and levels of strategy and strategy implementation-CLO4
Communicate issues, results, and recommendations coherently, and effectively regarding
appropriate strategies for different situations-CLO6
Read carefully case No 8 from your textbook (entitled ‘iRobot: Finding the Right Market
Mix?) and answer the following questions:
1. Draw the SWOT matrix of the iRobot company.
2. What is the competitive strategy used by iRobot company?
3. Use the five forces of the M. Porter matrix to describe the robot-based product
4. Describe the different functional strategies of the iRobot company.
5. Describe the relationship of iRobot with its primary stakeholders.
6. Describe the core competency and the outsourcing strategy of iRobot.
7. What kind of strategic alliance is used by iRobot? Why does iRobot choose it?
8. What are the main challenges that iRobot faces?
9. Assess the competitive advantage of iRobot on its market.
10. Recommend solutions for iRobot to improve its competitive advantage.
Kindly be accurate and brief when answering the questions.
You are required to use the terminology used in your course.
Copy/pasting the phrases from the text is not acceptable. You must use your own words.
Purchase answer to see full