A. Discussion questions
Is the evaluation and control process appropriate for a corporation that emphasizes
creativity? Are control and creativity compatible? Discuss. (2 marks) Max 300
2. What skills should a person have for managing a business unit following a
differentiation strategy? Why? What should a company do if no one is available
internally and the company has a policy of promotion from within? (2 marks) Max
3. Why is an understanding of national cultures important in strategic management?
(1 mark) Max 300 words
B. Case study
An acquisition is a situation whereby one firm (acquiring firm) purchases most or all of
another firm’s (acquired firm) shares in order to take control.
From real national/international market, select an example of an acquisition between two firms
and answer the following questions:
1. Briefly introduce the chosen acquiring and acquired firms (Industry, activity,
nationality, market position, …). (1Mark). Max 100 words
2. Explain the different reasons for this acquisition. (1Mark)
3. Was this acquisition successful? Why? (1Mark)
4. Evaluate the competitive advantage of the acquiring company (after the acquisition).
5. What is the method used by the acquiring firm to manage the culture of the acquired
firm? underline the pros and cons of this method. (1Mark)
Purchase answer to see full