For the Saudi manufacturing company, you can search about (Tasnee company)
- Harrison, A., & van Hoek, R. (2011). Logistics management & strategy: Competing through the supply chain (4th ed.). Essex, England: Prentice Hall. ISBN: 9780273730224 (print version); ISBN: 9781447915768 (electronic version).
The assignment file below in the attachment
المملكة العربية السعودية
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 30/04/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Logistics Management
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1443/1444 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Level of Marks:
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be
reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or
other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font.
No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Submission Date by students: Before the end of Week- 13th
Place of Submission: Students Grade Centre
1. Illustrate the concepts of logistic system operations used in logistic systems, time-based
management, and lean thinking.
2. Interpret the use advanced theory and methods to identify inefficiencies in supply chains
3. Demonstrate ability to work with others effectively as a team member in logistic management
projects, related to case studies or new themes
This assignment is an individual assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management
concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities. To this purpose, you should review chapter
7 of textbook as well as secondary available information on internet.
The Toyota Production System (TPS) is an integrated socio-technical system, developed by
Toyota, which comprises its management philosophy and practices. The TPS organizes
manufacturing and logistics for the automobile manufacturer, including interaction with
suppliers and customers. The system is a major precursor of the more generic “Lean
Manufacturing”. Originally called “just-in-time production”, it builds on the approach created
by the founder of Toyota.
Using this concept of Lean Thinking and JIT you should answer the following questions by
taking any Saudi Manufacturing company.
1. Why Companies adopted Lean Thinking and JIT model? (3 Marks)
2. Discuss major types of Waste, companies must keep in mind during production. (3 Marks)
3. Assess the reasons for using lean thinking. What are the benefits from Suppliers to end users?
4. References (1 Marks)
The Answer must follow the outline points below:
Lean Thinking and JIT Concept
Their Main functions
Any local example
Reasons with suitable Examples
Every Answer should be 400 to 500 range of words in length.
Purchase answer to see full