المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية اإللكترونية
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Communication Management (MGT 421)
Due Date: 6/8/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Communication Management
Course Code: MGT421
Student’s ID Number:
Semester: Summer Semester
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Sulaiman Albawardi
Students’ Grade: /15
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated
Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced
for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
Late submission will NOT be accepted.
Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other
resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No
pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
1. Communicate better, knowing that good communicators make better managers and that
communication is a dynamic process basic to individuals and organizational life.
2. Perform all communication abilities, including thinking, writing, speaking, listening,
and assessing the technology.
3. Analyze effective business letters, memorandums, and case studies.
Part1: Writing Exercise
1. In the role of a senior decision-maker in your business, write an announcement for your
employees on one of the following subjects: (5 Marks)
a. On-site smoking
b. Changes in working hours
d. Or early retirement.
2. Write a bad-news message to your customer informing him/her that their claim was
rejected. (2.5 Marks)
3. Consider firing one of your employees. What communication channel would you
choose to inform him/her about your decision and why? (2.5 Marks)
Part 2: Critical Thinking
Here is a portion of an online forum about a company’s performance review system:
(1) Jackson: Our current performance review system really isn’t working well. Can you
all share your major concerns with the current annual system and share what you view as
the benefits of a quarterly review system?
(2) Cynthia: It really doesn’t matter what we think about the review system. Management
won’t listen to us anyway.
(3) Erin: Do any of you know when the next team meeting is? I have it on my calendar
for next Monday but that’s Labor Day. Pretty sure that’s not right.
(4) Nigel: Whether our reviews are annual, quarterly, daily, or hourly, we never get
evaluated fairly, especially in our department. Wayne has his favorites.
(5) Vilma: I don’t think we should change anything. I think our human resource team is all
knowing and has created a perfect system. I’m motivated to improve my behavior every
single time I get my annual review back. It’s always the happiest day of the year! Of course,
if we had a quarterly system, we could have four happy days per year. Food for thought.
Read the sample forum and answer the following questions:
What is the primary problem with section 2 of the forum? (1 Mark)
What is the primary problem with section 3 of the forum? (1 Mark)
What is the primary problem with section 4 of the forum? (1 Mark)
What is the primary problem with section 5 of the forum? (1 Mark)
How to turn this forum into an effective one? (1 Mark)
1. Answer2. Answer3. Answer-
Purchase answer to see full